TERMS & CONDITIONS
DEFINITION OF TERMS
“Product” means device covered under a valid Service Contract.
“You” and "Your” refer to the purchaser of the Product and Service Contract.
"We", "Us” and “Our” refers to SNS Network (M) Sdn Bhd (“Company Initial Name”)
“Coverage” means coverage for mechanical and electrical defects in the Product including where applicable, the Display Screen attached to such Product and with additional benefits.
“Valid Claims" means a One-Time Screen Replacement or One-Time Full Replacement of the Product and subject to the service fees noted below.
“Accidental Damage” means mechanical or electrical defects of the Product caused by accidental damage due to physical impact (such as cracked screen) and spillage of liquids.
“Service Fee” means a payment by you to us if a Valid Claim takes place.
“Service Contract” means this Service Contract, which you have purchased to cover the Product.
1. Our Shield Care Plus Plan Service Contract (“Service Contract”) known as “Shield Care Plus Plan“ provides coverage for parts and labour in respect of the covered Product stated on Our Sales Invoice/Receipt for covered inherent mechanical and electrical defects only and only to the extent provided by the manufacturer of the Product. This Plan is only applicable if purchased together with a new device.
2. Inclusive of manufacturer’s warranty period, the Product will have a total Warranty of twelve (12) months from date of purchase of the Product, subject to payment of the applicable fee for the Shield Care Plus Plan.
3. The Product’s scope of use shall be limited to or has been limited to domestic and personal use.
4. The Combo Plan shall cover 1 time drop or liquid damage (does not include damage caused via or by criminal action or theft) during the two year coverage period. The Combo Plan shall only be applicable for mobile phones, tablets, and smart watches.
5. There shall be an Extended Warranty Period after the expiry of the original manufacturer’s 12-month warranty. This Warranty shall cover all hardware faults except battery faults, accessories and damage arising from human error.
6. The Extended Warranty Plan shall be applicable for IT products such as mobile phones, laptop computers, desktop computers, tablet devices, monitors, smart watch as well as All-in-One Desktop Computers.
1. This Service Contract may only be purchased upon purchase of a Product and only covers a Product which is new & purchased from us, and included at the time of purchase, the manufacturer’s complete and original warranty which is valid in Malaysia.
2. In the event that the device involved is an iPhone, there may be one (1) valid claim per term for unit replacement or screen replacement. For Apple Watch and iPad, one (1) valid claim per term for unit replacement only. Any damage incurred on these devices shall fall under a full unit replacement program whereas a “Full Device Replacement Excess Fee” shall be levied upon the same.
1. Coverage will not, under any circumstances, extend to any loss or injury to a person or loss or damage to property or any incidental, contingent, special or any direct or indirect loss and consequential damages including but not limiting to losses incurred due to any delay in rendering service related to this Service Contract and loss of use during the period that your Product is at an Authorised Service Provider, and/or while awaiting repair.
2. Our liability is for one (1) Valid Claim and shall in no event exceed the purchase price of the Product.
3. We will repair or replace the Product or decline service at our sole discretion.
4. There will be a service fee applicable to the replacement and/or repair of the Product under the Shield Care Plus Plan. Do refer to the latest price list for the fees applicable.
GENERAL EXCLUSIONS: The terms and conditions of the Service Contract shall form an integral part of this Service Contract and you are required to comply with the same in order to enjoy the benefits. Details of such terms and conditions are available for your review before your purchase of this Service Contract and a copy of such terms and conditions will be made available to you upon request.
EXCLUSIONS FROM COVERAGE
1. The following causes of damage are excluded from the Insurance Coverage of any kind, omission, or default.
i. Any defective workmanship, including but not limited to liability arising out of implied warranties of merchantability, implied warranties of fitness, and strict liability.
ii. Liability to anyone other than the Insured or Service Contract holder, as the case may be.
iii. Any acts of fraud, or other dishonest or criminal acts
iv. Property & product liability insurance.
v. Products that are still covered by the manufacturer’s/dealer’s original written warranty, or the Insured’s’ dealer warranty, repairer’s warranty, or any other warranties in effect.
vi. Any defects that are subject to recall by the manufacturer/dealer.
vii. Non-operating and cosmetic items, paint, or product finish, accessories used in or with the eligible product unless covered under a separate Service Contract, cables, cords, add-on options incorporated in a product for which options are not essential to the basic function of the Product for which the Service Contract was purchased.
viii. Software (including operating system and any stored data), defects resulting directly from software installation and or removal, computer virus, virus prevention, and other peripherals.
ix. Routine maintenance, cleaning, adjustments, or software updates.
x. Damage neglect, abuse, misuse, theft, sand, corrosion, excessive heat, battery leakage, acts of god, commercial usage, power outages or surges, inadequate or improper voltage or current (fluctuation of electrical power, lightning, static electricity), improper environment (including lack of proper temperature or humidity).
xi. Unauthorised modifications made to the Product and/or problems/defects arising from such unauthorised modifications; altered serial/IMEI numbers; failure to follow manufacturers’ instructions on installation, operation or maintenance; repairs performed by non-authorised repairer; any items not affecting the function of the Product; image burn.
xii. Reception and transmission problems resulting from external causes.
xiii. Costs of removal or reinstallation unless specifically included in the Service Contract.
xiv. Problems or defects not covered under the original manufacturer’s/dealer’s original written warranty or any other warranties in effect unless otherwise stated.
xv. Failure to follow manufacturer’s recommended instructions for installation, operation, routine care maintenance, inspection, cleaning, external adjustments etc. including problems cause by a device that is not the Product, including equipment/accessories that are not OEM, whether or not purchased at the same time as the Product.
xvi. Damage due to organic infestation (from internal and/or external sources)
xvii. Commercial use (multi-user organisations), public rental, use for profit or communal use.
2. For service in Malaysia, please contact our Call Centre at 018-2238616
3. Our Customer Service Representatives or Authorised Service Provider staff will be ready to guide you through the service process. To expedite service, please ensure that you have your Service Contract details readily available before placing the call or visiting the Authorised Service Provider. If the original manufacturer’s warranty is still valid, you are required to utilise the original manufacturer’s warranty notwithstanding that the Service Contract is already in force. Repairs must only be carried out through an Authorised Service Provider. For all repairs, the Service Contract sales receipt/invoice for the Product must be presented.
This Service Contract shall terminate immediately with no refund of the Service Fee paid in the event of any of the following:
1. Disposal or repossession of the Product.
2. Unauthorised repair, replacement, or modification of the Product.
3. Subsequent to the occurrence of one (1) Valid Claim under this Service Contract.
4. In the event the Hardware Manufacturer has declined the repair or replacement of the Product due to whatsoever reason.
This Service Contract may be cancelled within 14 days of the product purchase date at a full refund provided that no valid claim has taken place. If any valid claim has taken place this Service Contract cannot be cancelled.
The Service Contract is a service contract for repair services and shall not be construed as an insurance policy or policies or guarantee given by SNS Network (M) Sdn Bhd relating to the nature of the material, workmanship, or performance of the Product.
You CANNOT sell, transfer, assign, pledge, or otherwise encumber or dispose of this Service Contract.
SNS Network (M) Sdn Bhd reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.